Recently Dela Salle closed for their classes from June 4 to 14 because one of its foreign exchange students tested positive for swine flu, or the influenza A(H1N1) virus. While Ateneo also closed their classes and resume on 22th of June. It was confirmed last Tuesday that H1N1 bringing the total numbered of cases to 57.
Its not just the swine flu that hitting Manila even there report of gastroenteritis outbreaks in Cebu and Manila. I been hospitalized last week because of gastro. We have to do something about it.
Well, it’s all about cleanliness.
Our most instinctive reaction when we cough or sneeze is to cover our mouth and nose with our bare hands. But, say health authorities, this only increases the spread of germs since hands, if left unwashed or sanitized after, could very easily transfer the microbes.
Washing one’s hands frequently, or using alcohol hand cleansers, are also practices we can adopt to prevents viruses and bacteria.
Drink Distilled Drinking Water and if necessary if you need to brush your teeth, use the same thing, just to be safe.
If you already have flu avoided greeted a friend with the usual beso-beso, touching cheeks and puckering our lips in air kisses.
Bacon Lover, Hear Ye! A swedish boys developed and invented a new way to process a bacon, by means of precooking and blending it in a special way the Squeez Bacon® was born. Finally this delicious delectable bacon concoction available in United State (woweee I gonna check it out in S&R).
Vilhelm Lillefläsk’s Squeez Bacon® is fully cooked 100% bacon. Due to the patented electro-mechanical process by which Squeez Bacon® is rendered, it requires no preservatives or other additives.
The Squeez Bacon® bottled in Sweden, made from U.S. bred swine. They are claiming that each serving is as healthy as real bacon, and equivalent to 4 premium slices of bacon! You can put it on sandwiches, pizza, pastas, bacon, soups, pies, eat it hot or cold, substitute it for bacon in your recipes, or even eat it right out of the tube.
This is more amazing… No refrigeration needed, 12 years shelf life, each tube have 16 servings – equivalent to 64 slices of bacon!
Obviously I love eating. Food makes me feel happy… Ahh bad thing but there are ways to eat healthier..
Be happy… eat slowly… savored every bites, taste your food more and be satisfied. Eating slowly gradually reduces your appetite.
Shrink your portions
Get smaller plate, asked for small cone ice cream, eat regular burger without cheese. No more ramen house, no more eat all you can.
Fruit or vegetable on every meal
Improved your health and lower blood pressure. They says grapes on breakfast is good. Brocolli on lunch and fruit or vegei salad on evening.
Continue reading “Guidelines and Ways to Eat Healthier”
Few benefits of ‘zzz for people who are really engrossed in their work.
1. For a quick snooze brings relaxation.
2. Mood, efficiency, and alertness level will improve greatly.
3. An hour power nappers responded progressively faster and more accurately to any learning sessions.
4. Taking 40 winks in the middle of the day, reduce the risk of death from heart disease.
5. NASA showed that a 30-minute power nap increased cognitive faculties by approximately 40 percent!
6. Boost your creativity.
7. Napping in general benefits heart functioning, hormonal maintenance, and cell repair…
Take at least 40 minute power napping on your daily dose…
In the middle of night, I woke up shouting, there was a terrible pain (cramps) at the back of my lower lower leg… SAKIT … Sobra nataranta si Gerry.
Tapos kanina umaga, di ko na mag-angat yung left leg ko. It was a terrible pain…. So I decided to visit my doctor… Wala palang OPD Doctors sa umaga… Wala kami choice kundi mag-pa consult sa Emergency Room Doctor…
It was awful conversation. Aside sa pananakot, he just recommend me to put salompas at a dose of pain reliever…. Kakainis… So I research some information about cramps…
Left cramps >> Key points for people with leg cramps
- People who get leg cramps feel a sudden pain in their leg, often at night.
- Leg cramps occur when a muscle or group of muscles suddenly tightens.
- Most cramps happen in calf muscles, but you can also get cramps in your thigh or in your foot.
- Being middle-aged or older, exercising, an imbalance of minerals (electrolytes), problems with blood circulation, or being pregnant may all lead to leg cramps.
- Leg cramps may be a side effect of certain medications.
Some advise on how to treat night time legs cramps:
1. Prevention. Applying a heat pad to your muscles for 10 to 15 minutes before sleep can be of assistance. When cramps occur during sleep, it’s usually because of an amplification of a muscle reflex that happens normally. As you roll over in your sleep, your calf muscles contract and along with them, the tendons stretch. Nerve stretch receptors in the tendon come alive and relay a message to the spinal cord instructing the calf muscles to contract, or spasm. You may not be aware of this at times, but at other times, the muscles will not relax and they will cause pain. Stretching your calf muscles before bedtime can help to exhaust the stretch reflex.
2. Calf stretching exercise
- Stand about 3 feet from a wall, facing it.
- Step forward with your left foot.
- Put your hands on the wall at chest level. Bend your elbows slightly and have shoulders, hips and feet aimed towards the wall.
- Bend your left knee gently and feel the stretch in your right calf muscle as you do so. Keep both heels on the ground at all times.
- Hold the stretch for at least 15 seconds.
- Repeat with the other side.
3. Treatment. The best treatment for night time leg cramps as they occur is to try and stretch the muscle, walk around or massage the area firmly to aid circulation. A heat pack may be helpful but usually, the pain is so pronounced that a heat pack may seem to be too passive an idea to be successful.
Potassium and calcium supplements or adding foods to the diet that are rich in these elements have been shown to reduce the incidence of night time leg cramps. Maintaining your hydration levels is important, especially if you’ve been exercising vigorously. When you sweat, you lose salts from your body and a sports drink can help to replace the electrolytes lost. Diuretic chemicals can also contribute to a loss of important elements.
Holiday flavored coffee was a big hit at Starbucks. I loved the Hot Peppermint Mocha, I missed it and got stuck on hot mocha today. When you are working at Ortigas Center you can visit the SM Mega, Pearl Drive, Robinson, Shangri-la and Poduim coffee shop.
I also enjoyed collecting stickers for the diary. Thanks PUTAK!, she helped me filling up the stickers, imagine you must spent Php 2670 to have it…
Well PUTAK cannot work in morning without a dose of Frappucino Mocha Grande… That’s reason they built 30 Starbucks Retail Stores in Makati and almost a hundred in Luzon, for a caffeine lover like us. Come to think of it, when I am working at Ayala, there is a Starbucks in every corner. Gosh….
Dont you know there was a study and they found out that those who consumed “moderate” amounts of coffee, defined as four to seven cups per day, faced the lowest risk of death from heart disease! GOOD FOR YOU PUTAK!